Monday, September 8, 2008

New Faces for Corban


So, Corban finally met his "aunt" Kelly this weekend! We were so excited to have Kelly, Amy and Ms. Marie over for a visit on Friday. Corban seemed to enjoy being passed around and having some pretty ladies to look upon. Our visit with them was too short, but we were very happy to have some time with them all. Aaron kept Corban Friday night so that the ladies could go to dinner. It was so nice! Although I was exhausted still, I had so much fun being with my girls. It's crazy how you don't realize how much you miss someone or something until you get a little time with them. I know these people will always be in my life, but I wish there was more time for us to share with one another.

I want Corban to know how special these people are. I want him to know that it is important to have people in your life who love you and are there for you no matter what - to have close friendships and relationships and to know how important it is to LOVE and be loved. I pray that I can show him those things through my relationship not only with him but with those around me. It is sometimes overwhelming to think about how much influence I have over this little life. I have so many things to teach him, I can only pray that we will help mold and shape him into the man God wants him to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Corban's Aunt Kelly sure does love him. My hopes are to make sure he knows how special he is to me and many others and that I'll always be there for him. Corban is blessed with the best parents who will no doubt show him the ways of the heart and mind on this earth. Love is easy to give when you know you've encountered it. And I'm quite certain Corban will have no problem sharing the love! Hugs and kisses to you all!!