So as you all know we welcomed baby Corban into our world at 7:43am on April 23, 2008. He was delivered via c-section and was a whopping 10 pounds 7 ounces and 22 inches long! Mama, was very happy that he was upside down (breech)! What we experienced that day is almost indescribable. I remember the joy and relief to hear his cry as he was delivered - our boy was here! This child that we were anxiously awaiting was healthy, praise God -and absolutely perfect in every way!
Aaron was in the operating room - trying to get a peak of my insides as they performed the c-section (he has always been fascinated with surgery). So, he was the first to see him. I watched as Aaron fumbled around trying to get the camera ready, wide eyed and amazed at this miracle entering the world. The doctors and nurses quickly whisked him over to be weighed, cleaned, prodded and checked. Aaron followed him and to my surprise the first words I heard about him was "he looks just like your dad!" "Mini Papa" he's been called. Well, I didn't care who he looked like. With tears of joy streaming down my face, I anxiously waited on the table to get my first look at my son. Finally, they brought him over all bundled up, only his little face exposed. They laid him on my chest and all I could say was "he's beautiful." I just couldn't find the right words to express what I was feeling, there were no words to do it justice.
Aaron was busy running back and forth between baby, mama and grandparents. Once they got us all settled in our room, the parenting began. Our stay at the hospital was short and filled with visits from friends, family, and many nurses. Sleep was already nonexistent. Our little family was sent home on Friday the 25th. We were happy to be home and still amazed that this little life had been entrusted to us. We've adjusted fairly well to our new life - sleepless nights and days filled with this tiny being depending on us for everything - it is absolutely fabulous.
Aaron was in the operating room - trying to get a peak of my insides as they performed the c-section (he has always been fascinated with surgery). So, he was the first to see him. I watched as Aaron fumbled around trying to get the camera ready, wide eyed and amazed at this miracle entering the world. The doctors and nurses quickly whisked him over to be weighed, cleaned, prodded and checked. Aaron followed him and to my surprise the first words I heard about him was "he looks just like your dad!" "Mini Papa" he's been called. Well, I didn't care who he looked like. With tears of joy streaming down my face, I anxiously waited on the table to get my first look at my son. Finally, they brought him over all bundled up, only his little face exposed. They laid him on my chest and all I could say was "he's beautiful." I just couldn't find the right words to express what I was feeling, there were no words to do it justice.
Aaron was busy running back and forth between baby, mama and grandparents. Once they got us all settled in our room, the parenting began. Our stay at the hospital was short and filled with visits from friends, family, and many nurses. Sleep was already nonexistent. Our little family was sent home on Friday the 25th. We were happy to be home and still amazed that this little life had been entrusted to us. We've adjusted fairly well to our new life - sleepless nights and days filled with this tiny being depending on us for everything - it is absolutely fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment